Hey friends & family,
It’s Ben here. The students are busy doing a smattering of things, but it’s been two days since our last post (minus that paragraph from Payton I just discovered), so I want to share a handful of awesome stories.
- Yesterday we had three students join us at camp who hadn’t previously come. God gave us cool opportunities to share about his grace with people clearly living in a performance-based world.
- Students and leaders have been sharing their life stories with each other throughout the week. This has opened up some POWERFUL conversations.
- Today it’s been rainy all day… which made me wonder whether we’d have any students come to a mostly outdoor day camp… and everybody came back. Jim (the director of Eaglecrest, our host) shared a gospel message, and I saw at least two significant conversations taking place with local students afterwards. I don’t know specifics, but I know God was at work, and Blackhawk students were right there sharing & praying with their new friends.
- Tonight we got to hang out with all sorts of new people at Eaglecrest’s weekly community cookout. Our repeat students got to see people they met last year. Students from the library camp program invited our students to their silent film showing tonight – the reviews are coming back positive!
- Above all, the reviews are coming back four stars for our students as they give their all in making connections for Christ with their Alaskan peers. I’m really stinkin’ proud of this team.
- And… I can’t help but give a shout out to our amazing adult leaders. WOW. Quality people serving in quality ways, and we’re all having a great time.
Tomorrow night we’re off to a minor league baseball game in Palmer – go Mat-Su Miners!
Thank you for reading and praying. We appreciate it deeply, and your prayers are bearing fruit.
Love & hugs from all of us to all of you,